ERB Monitors Archive
Welcome to our archive of previous ERB Monitors (dating back to 2008). Please choose the ERB Monitor you wish to view from the menu on the left. You can find a full index of the content of our previous Monitors below.
the ERB Monitor has now been replaced by the new Employer Resources Newsletter. Click here
to view the latest issues of the ER Newsletter now. Or sign up for this free newsletter here
Monitor Index (by edition)
ERB Monitor 11/2011
- A Low Risk Office does not mean there are No Risks
- Allocating Holidays Fairly During The Popular Summer Months
- Mobile Phone Policy in the Workplace
- Pregnant at Work
ERB Monitor 10/2011
- Dealing with Employment Law Claims
- Re-location & Flexibility
- Why must Employers follow such lengthy HR Procedures?
- Dealing with Sexism in the Workplace
- Woman awarded €54,000 over workplace sexual harassment
ERB Monitor 9/2011
- Justifying the Need of Redundancy
- New National Minimum Wage from 1st February 2011
- Working With Computers
- Should Employers Use Social Networking Sites To Check Up On Employees?
- Compensation to a Pregnant Worker doubled by the Labour Court on Appeal.
ERB Monitor 8/2010
- Managing Older Employees
- Increased Protection for Women on Maternity Leave.
- Public Holiday Entitlements over Christmas
- EAT and Equality Tribunal Awards on the Increase.
ERB Monitor 7/2010
Tips to prevent bullying in the workplace
Transfer of Undertakings
Reviewing policies and procedures
Slips, trips and falls
ERB Monitor 6/2010
1. Rebuilding following Restructuring and Redundancies
2. Checking References
3. Dealing with Staff Taking on a Second Job
4. Equality Tribunal Publishes Annual Report
ERB Monitor 5/2010
- Managing Stress in the Workplace
- Getting the Most from your Existing Workforce
- When Temporary turns to Permanent
- Gender Equality
ERB Monitor 04/2009
- Carrying out a Disciplinary Interview
- Preparing for a Rights Commissioner Hearing.
- Christmas Night Out Precautions
- Rights Commissioner Ruling on Dell Redundancy Process.
ERB Monitor 03/2009
- Tackling Absenteeism benefits Employers and Employees
- RISE IN THE AWARDS MADE BY THE EMPLOYMENT APPEALS TRIBUNAL
- Myths and misperceptions about workplace bullying
ERB Monitor 02/2009
- Negotiating Changes in Employee Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Dealing with Redundancy
- An Art or a Science? How Should Supervisors Judge Employee Performance?
- Rights Commissioner Service Publish a Digest of Decisions
- Carrying out a Risk Assessment is an essential part of Health & Safety Policy and Practice
ERB Monitor 01/2009
- Conducting a Hearing
- The European Court of Justice has Ruled that an Employee does not lose Annual Leave Entitlement, even if s/he has been unable to excerise it due to being absent through sick leave
- Workplace Conflict Higher than Previously Believed
- Managing the Probationary Period
ERB Monitor 10/2008
- Avoid costly tribunals and use mediation to resolve disputes
- NERA inspections increase by 6,675 – are you compliant? What records do Inspectors require?
- Competency based interviews made easy
- Are you aware of the legislation relating to the termination of a persons employment?
ERB Monitor 08/2008
- Age discrimination widespread in the workplace
- Community and voluntary organisations an easy target for funding cuts
- Redundancies hit the headlines after a 15 year absence
- Health and Safety Authority - new safety toolkit for small enterprises
ERB Monitor 06/2008
- Staff appraisals - how to prepare
- Employment references – Who writes the references in your organisation? Are you aware of the risks and obligations?
- Workplace diversity – focus on similarities not differences
- Average rate of Absenteeism in the workplace is 8 days – how do You manage workplace Absenteeism?
ERB Monitor 04/2008
- Conflict in your workplace. Ignore the problem at your peril!
- The Labour Relations Commission (LRC)
- A person must be employed before they can take legal action against an employer? Right? Eh no...
- Are you compliant with part-time employee legislation?
ERB Monitor 02/2008
- When National Employment Rights Authority (NERA) Inspector calls
- The Christmas office party minefield
- Constructive Dismissal
- £1.2 million employee Bullying & Harassment award