Making It Happen
For many organisations complying with equality legislation is only the first step. It is now recognized that valuing and pursuing diversity is vital for organizations and individuals. Managing Diversity is a journey, not simply a project. Set out below are some key areas to be considered.
- Identify and acknowledge the kinds of diversity that are important.
- Work with employees and other stakeholders to understand and realize your own business benefits.
- Communicate what is being done to employees, clients and funders.
- Develop Policies and Practices that reflect and implement your commitment to Managing Diversity.
- Build on the support from inside and outside the organisation.
- Learn from others and benchmark what you are doing.
- Make Diversity Management a Living part of your organization.