Benefits to an Organisation
Having a diverse workforce does not automatically translate into positive benefits. Diversity must be managed to reap the diversity dividend.
Research carried out within organisations across Europe shows how creating and managing a diverse workforce can deliver real benefits to both large and small organisations regardless of sector. Whilst each Organisation needs to work out its own priorities, these benefits can include:
- Recruiting and Retaining People from a wide “talent” base.
- Reduced costs of turnover and absenteeism.
- Improved Employee flexibility and responsiveness.
- Building employee commitment and “discretionary effort”.
- Enhanced creativity and innovation.
- Improved knowledge of how to deal with different cultures.
- Improved understanding of the needs of clients.
- Enhance the Organisation’s reputation and image with funders and the wider public.
Creating opportunities for disadvantaged groups and building social inclusion